ANCHORED IN EXCELLENCE!
Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Vocabulary for the Week of January 18-21, 2022
1. liberty: the condition of those who are free and independent; freedom
2. opposed: to be against something; resist
3. colonies: groups of people living in new communities
4. patriot: a person who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests
5. take a stand: to publicly express an opinion about something
6. green: a grassy plain or plot of land
7. prohibit: to forbid by authority or make impossible
8. sentries: soldiers standing guard at a point of passage
9. volley: a group of arrows or bullets passing through the air
10. succession: a repeated following of a thing after another
-an/-ian/-ese (noun or adjective): a person or describing a person
Example: An American is a citizen of the United States.
I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA and Social Studies teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you nee
d to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible. School Status is a way for me to text you from the School Status App.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
I want to encourage students to always do your best, be kind and keep that Pirate Pride in all you do! Be on the lookout for new updates!
Mrs. Dodie Holder
Please check the "NEWSLETTER" tab on the left, for information on our school and classroom activities this week.
Should you have questions, please email me as I will be checking email frequently.