Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Hi, I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA Teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
Vocabulary for Week of 10/16/2019
1. surveyor: (noun) a person who surveys, such as surveying land
2. chinking : (verb) filling up or making cracks in
3. ruefully: (adverb) with sorrow or pain
4. gravely: (adverb) to a degree that gives cause for alarm
5. quavering: (verb) shaking or trembling in speech
6. daubed: (past tense verb) coated with a thick or sticky substance
7. solitary: (adjective) done or existing alone
8. reckon: (verb) establish by counting or figuring
9. semi- (Latin): half semicircle, semicolon
10. –ism (Latin/Greek): act; belief; practice of patriotism, idealism, absenteeism
Please check the newsletter for information on our school and classroom activities this week.