Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Hi, I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA Teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
Vocabulary for Week of 01/21- 01/24/2020 (Test on Friday)
- fate (noun) the things that happen to someone that are beyond his or her control
- fearless (adjective) not afraid of anything
- glimmer (verb) to shine with a light that is not very bright
- lingers (verb) slow to leave somewhere or something
- magnified (verb) made to look larger than it really is
- somber (adjective) a gloomy or serious attitude
- steed (noun) a horse, especially one used in war
Scrib, script (Latin): to write describe, manuscript
Gram, graph (Greek): written/drawn autograph, photograph, telegram
Please return signed papers promptly. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Please check the newsletter for information on our school and classroom activities this week.