ANCHORED IN EXCELLENCE!
Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Vocabulary and historical figures for week of September 13-17
- moon:(noon) the natural satellite of the earth; visible mostly at night as it reflects light from the sun
- Vincent van Gogh: a Dutch post-impressionist painter who was famous in the history of Western art
- Ludwig van Beethoven: a German composer and pianist who is one of the most admired composers in the history of Western music.
- main idea: the author’s message about the topic
- constellation(noun): a group of stars forming a recognizable pattern that is traditionally named after a form
- Polaris: a fairly bright star located within one degree of the north celestial pole
- key detail: facts, examples, and other information stated in the text
- Ursa Major: a constellation in the northern sky, associated with mythology as a “greater she-bear”
- Orion: a prominent constellation located on the celestial equator and visible throughout the Earth; named after a hunter in Greek mythology
- astronomer: an expert in or a student of the study of celestial objects or space
astro: (Greek) star or heavenly body; outer space
I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA and Social Studies teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible. School Status is a way for me to text you from the School Status App.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
I want to encourage students to always do your best, be kind and keep that Pirate Pride in all you do! Be on the lookout for new updates!
Mrs. Dodie Holder
Please check the "NEWSLETTER" tab on the left, for information on our school and classroom activities this week.
Should you have questions, please email me as I will be checking email frequently.