TOGETHER We Are Pearl! Keep Calm and Stay the Course!
Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Welcome Back for our Second Semester!
Jan 25-29, 2021: Vocabulary Words
Suffixes: -cious, -ious, -ous, -tious, (possessing, full of, having)
These are all adjectives:
1. suspicious: having or showing distrust of someone or something
2. precious: of great value; not to be wasted or treated carelessly
3. vicious: cruel or violent
4. mysterious: difficult or impossible to understand, explain, or identify
5. famous: known about by many people
6. cautious: careful to avoid problems or dangers
7. anxious: experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness
8. venomous: secreting venom by means of a bite or sting
9. momentous: of great importance
10. delicious: highly pleasant to the taste
VOCABULARY TEST on FRIDAY!
I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA and Social Studies Teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible. School Status is a way for me to text and call you from the School Status App.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
I want to encourage students to always do your best, be kind and keep that Pirate Pride in all you do! Be on the lookout for new updates!
Please check the newsletter for information on our school and classroom activities this week.
Should you have questions, please email me as I will be checking email frequently.