TOGETHER We Are Pearl! Keep Calm and Stay the Course!
Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
VOCABULARY TEST on FRIDAY!
Vocabulary Words: Week of Monday, October 26, 2020 - Friday, Oxctober 30, 2020
1. deprived: (adjective) not having something, especially the necessities of life.
2. gradually: (adverb) little by little
3. fury: (noun) wild or violent anger
4. molasses: (noun) thick, dark brown syrup obtained from raw sugar
5. conscious: (adjective) aware of surroundings: awake
6. panic: (noun) sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety
7. moccasins: (noun) a heelless shoe made of soft leather
8. bough: (noun) a main branch of a tree
9. vid (Latin): see examples: video, evidence
10.therm (Greek): heat examples: thermometer, thermal
I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA and Social Studies Teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible. School Status is a way for me to text and call you from the School Status App.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
I want to encourage students to always do your best, be kind and keep that Pirate Pride in all you do! Be on the lookout for new updates!
Please check the newsletter for information on our school and classroom activities this week.
Should you have questions, please email me as I will be checking email frequently.