Welcome to Mrs. Holder's Class!
Hi, I am Mrs. Holder, your child's 5th grade ELA and Social Studies Teacher and I am excited about all the great things we learn all year long.
- Signed papers will go home on Monday and are required to be returned on Tuesdays.
- Should you need to contact me, please email and I will do my best to respond as promptly as possible.
- Check Active Parent for information regarding grades, discipline and attendance.
- Our newsletter will contain homework and study guide information.
- Planners should be a source of information at a classroom level.
Vocabulary for 02/10/2020 - 02/14/2020
1. seizing: (verb): past tense, taken hold of suddenly and forcibly
2. fleet: (noun): a group of ships, sailing together, engaged in the same activity
3. truce (noun): an agreement between enemies or opponents to stop fighting or arguing at a certain time
4. negotiated (verb): past tense, obtained or brought about by discussion
5. prisoners of war (noun): plural, persons who have been captured and imprisoned by
6. bombardment (noun): a continuous attack with bombs, shells, guns, or other missiles
7. withdrawal (noun): the action of withdrawing or taking something
-cious/-ious/-ous/-tious: adjective: possessing, full of, having
Meaning of a word: The mysterious box was full of mystery.
Please return signed papers promptly. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Please check the newsletter for information on our school and classroom activities this week.