Welcome to Ms. Hite's 5th Grade
Pearl Upper Elementary
Anchored in Excellence
Below is a link to practice taking a Mississippi Science test.
We are excited about another great year in 5th grade science! You will be impressed by the knowledge your child gains this year. To help your child be successful, here are some things you should know:
- Unit tests - Each unit will conclude with a unit test. Test will NOT be open book or open notebook. Students will need to know the material and be able to apply what they know to answer questions. All science materials can come home to help students study. The weekly newsletter shows what pages in the textbook and STEMscopes book corresponds with that unit. Science Journals will be an important tool for studying for tests.
- Vocabulary Tests - Each unit will have a vocabulary test before the unit test. We will make vocabulary cards to use as a study tool.
- Grades - Vocabulary tests, unit tests, and case tests will be major grades. All other grades are minor grades.
- Homework - We do not give homweork every night. Homework usually consists of making vocabulary cards or studying. Sometimes there might be a worksheet.
Ask your child to teach you what they learned in science each day. Encourage them to use the terms we use in class. If they have to refer to their journal to help them sxplain, that is okay.
At the end of this school year, we will have a MAAP Science Test. It will cover everything we learn this school year.
Click below to watch our Back to School PowerPoint
-Signed papers will go home every Monday. Please sign them and return on Tuesday.
-Students may take home all of their workbooks and textbooks as needed.
Specials: Monday-Art Tuesday-Computer Wednesday-Library Thursday-Music Friday-P.E.
Lunch: 11:23 - 11:48 (I'm sorry, no guests this year.)
Recess: 11:50 - 12:10
Important Things to Know:
- I upload our newsletter, science vocabulary lists, project information, and any other important sheets for my class to my website. Students that lose their vocabulary sheets may use this page to print or hand copy a new one.
- I add most of the websites we use in class to the "Useful Links" page. I also have helpful links we don't use in my class but could still be beneficial in other subject areas.